After recieveing information about the rejection and criticizing of standard of legal education in the Nigeria, the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, NIALS, has on Sunday, released a
list of top 10 Law faculties/Universities in
According to a statement being released by the institute’s Director-General, Professor Epiphany Azinge, SAN, the action of the Institute in releasing the names of the universities was in-
line with her statutory responsibility of providing information, supervision, guidance and advice to
researchers which relates to legal education in Nigeria.
The SAN Director General said in a statement,
list the TOP TEN LAW UNIVERSITIES IN
List Of Top Ten Law Universities In Nigeria And Their Official News Address
This is the updated list of the very best Academic institutions in Nigeria, with the best
Law Faculty in Nigeria,
Universities in Nigeria that have Law Faculties
1. Abia State University Uturu. P.M.B. 2000 Okigwe, Abia State
2. Ahmadu Bello University. Zaria. Kaduna State
3. Ambrose Alli University. P.M.B. 14, Ekpoma, Edo State
4. Benue State University Makurdi. Benue State
5. Delta State University PM. B. 1, Abraka. Delta State
6. Enugu State University of Science and Technology P.M.B. 1660, Enugu. Enugu State
7. Imo State University P.M.B. 2000 Owerri. Imo
8. Lagos State University. Ojo. P. M. B. 1087, Lagos. Lagos State
9. Nnamdi Azikiwe University. P. M. B. 5025,
Awka, Anambra State
10. Obafemi Awolowo University. Ile-Ife. Osun
11. Ogun State University P.M.B. 2002, Ago - Iwoye, Ogun State
12. Rivers State University of Science and Technology PM.B. 5080, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State
13. University of Abuja P.M.B 17, Gwagwalada
14. University of Ado-Ekiti P.M.B. 5362, Ado
Ekiti. Ekiti State
15. University of Benin. Ugbowo. PMB 1154,
Benin City. Edo State
16. University of Calabar. P.M.B 1115, Calabar. Cross River State
17. University of Ibadan. Ibadan. Oyo State
18. University of Ilorin P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin. Kwara State
19. University of Jos. P.M.B 2084, Jos Plateau
20. University of Lagos. Akoka. Lagos. Lagos State
21. University of Maiduguri PM.B. 1069,
Maiduguri. Borno State
22. University of Nigeria. Nsukka. Enugu State
23 University of Uyo P.M.B 1017, Uyo. Akwa-
This list is the top 23 Law higher institutions in Nigeria.
The Director General also said that the
universities were chosen after a long thorough research and collation of scientific data on Nigerian law faculties.
In his exact words, he said, and we quote:
“Our duty demands that we undertake a project of this nature to promote standardization and
for the mutual benefit of the students and
Thus, the essence of this ranking is to challenge Nigerian law faculties to improve their standards
in all aspect.
Also note that this ranking is not interminable as law faculties that were not captured in the top
ten rank are encouraged to improve their standards significantly so as to stand a chance
in subsequent years.
Whilst those ranked are encouraged also not to
rest on their oars but to work tirelessly to
maintain their already set standard,” SAN DG,
What’s Your Comment regarding this list of top
twenty-three law universities in Nigeria?
Which University/Universities do you deem fit is
Suppose to be this List?
And which University isn’t worth being in this
Your Comments are highly appreciated.